Our heritage in Lac du Flambeau begins in 1872 with the Rev. Francis Spees establishing a Presbyterian mission for the local Native American people. The Lac du Flambeau tribe generously set aside land for the church, which allowed the construction of the original church sanctuary in 1898. The congregation was formally organized on May 13, 1924, with the Rev. J. B. Murray as the first pastor. In 1995, the building was replaced with the current church sanctuary, incorporating the original stained glass windows. The manse, fellowship hall, 'The Attic' and the attached garage additions have followed in subsequent years as the congregation's and community's needs have expanded.
Our Current Church Building
The remainder of our building showing the main entrance.